Guide to BMW CIP Programming with MaxiSys Pro
1.BMW Programming Notes
– Connect an Autel or BMW approved battery charger to the vehicle, and ensure battery voltage is between 13V and 14V.
– Turn off all the electrical equipment, such as air conditioner, headlamps, turn signal lamps, wipers, etc. Unstable current will abort programming.
– Turn off wipers or cleaning system. Wipers may be active during programming, so please make sure there is enough space.
– Please check all the control units are installed and function properly before programming.
– Troubleshoot or clear DTCs of the vehicle before programming.
– Please set the correct date first. It will be recorded into the control units during programming and coding.
– Do not turn the ignition off during programming and coding unless specifically instructed to do so by MaxiSys Pro.
– Do not activate or move any part of the vehicle, such as windows, doors, the steering wheel, seats, buttons and other adjusting knobs. Failure to do so may abort programming.
Note: This document is built up based on BMW V3.00. It only applies to BMW V3.00 or later versions.
2.Entering CIP Main Interface
Tap ‘CIP (Coding, Individualisation, Programming)1, as shown in figure 2.1.
For vehicles performed CIP function with Autel Maxisys Pro for the first time, please refer to 2.1 Initial Entering CIP.
For vehicles performed CIP function with MaxiSys Pro before, MaxiSys Pro will save the previous session automatically, and a prompt message will pop up to confirm whether to use the saved session. Please refer to 2.2 Re-entering CIP for additional information.
Note: Autel Scan Tool MaxiSys Pro can only store up to 5 vehicle sessions. It will prompt you to remove some unnecessary ones if there are more than 5 sessions. Please refer to 2.2 Re-entering CIP, as shown in figure 2.10.
2.1Initial Entering CIP
MaxiSys Pro will read the current vehicle configuration information from CAS and LM/FRM when entering CIP for the first time, so CAS and LM/FRM cannot be
replaced at the same time. Vehicle information will be shown as Figure 2.2
Tap ‘Edit’ to revise vehicle configuration information and the related interface will be shown as figure 2.3. You can scroll through the list by sweeping your finger up and down to see more information.
Note: To avoid the issue that the vehicle cannot work properly after revising the configuration information, it’s recommended to note down the current configuration information.
Tap ‘Add’ or ‘Remove’ to do the corresponding operation, and then tap ‘ESC1.
You will be prompted to confirm the revised configuration information, as shown in figure 2.4.
See more click http://forobd2tool.com/wp-content/download/Autel%20MaxiSys%20Pro%20MS908P/autel-maxisys-pro-ms908p-software-update-instructions.pdf