1. Ethernet Port
2. USB Port
3. Power LED – illuminates solid green when powered on
4. Error LED – illuminates solid red when serious hardware failure occurs
5. Bluetooth LED – illuminates solid green when connected with the MaxiSys display tablet through Bluetooth communication
6. Ethernet LED – illuminates solid green when connected with the Autel Scan Tool MaxiSys display tablet or an existing LAN via the Ethernet serial cable
7. USB Status Light — illuminates solid green when the device is properly connected and communicating with the MaxiSys display tablet or the PC via the USB cable
8. Vehicle LED – flashes green when communicating with the vehicle’s network
IMPORTANT: Do not disconnect the reprogramming device while this status light is on! If the flash reprogramming procedure is interrupted while the vehicle’s ECU is blank or only partially programmed, the module may be unrecoverable.
9. Bluetooth Antenna
10. DC Power Supply Input Port
11. Vehicle Data Connector (DB26-Pin MVCI)
12. External Programming Voltage Output Port
13. A/D Input Port
J2534 Reprogramming Capability
The J2534 ECU Programming Device is a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device. Using the updated OEM software, it is capable of replacing the existing software/firmware in the Electronic Control Units (ECU), programming new ECUs and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues.
The J2534 ECU programming device supports Bluetooth, Ethernet and USB communication. It can transmit vehicle data to the MaxiSys display tablet with or without a physical connection. The working range of the transmitter through Bluetooth communication is 755 feet (about 230 m). A signal lost due to moving out of range automatically restores itself when the display tablet unit is brought closer to the VCI unit.
The J2534 programming device can receive power from both of the following
AC/DC Power Supply
The J2534 programming device operates on 12-volt vehicle power, which it receives through the vehicle data connection port. The MS908P powers on whenever it is connected to an OBD II/EOBD compliant data link connector (DLC). For non OBD II/EOBD compliant vehicles, the device can be powered from a cigarette lighter or other suitable power port on the test vehicle using the auxiliary power cable.
AC/DC Power Supply
The J2534 programming device can be powered from a wall socket using the AC/DC power adapter.